CHILDREN OF NIGERIAN ARMY DECEASED PERSONNEL TO GET SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Nigerian Army has announced the commencement of verification and screening of eligible beneficiaries for Sponsorship of children of its personnel who died in active service. The scheme is designed to give the children of the deceased the requisite necessary education.
The verification and screening are for Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary institutions from 17 January to 17 February 2023 at Army Headquarters Command Officers Mess Asokoro, Abuja. It is meant for existing and new applicants.
Applicants would be in the following Categories:
1. Primary School - 6 - 12 Years of Age.
2. Secondary School - 12 – 18 Years of Age.
3. Tertiary Institutions - 18 – 22 Years of Age.
Required documents for the screening and verification exercise are :
1. Handwritten application for Sponsorship containing the names of the children.
2. Letter of Admission of the beneficiary.
3. Last School Report Card/results of the beneficiary.
4. Letter of Confirmation from the School as to the students of the beneficiary.
5. Birth Certificate of the beneficiary.
6. Death Certificate of the deceased personnel.
7. Part 2 Orders Publication of death.
8. Condolence Letter of deceased Parent.
9. NOTICIAS Signal.
10. Nigerian Army Application for Sponsorship form duly completed by the last unit and formation headquarters of the deceased personnel.
11. Four recent passport photographs of the beneficiary.
12. Passport photograph of the deceased personnel.
13. Account number and sort code.
14. Telephone number of the surviving parent or administrator.