TROOPS RECLAIM MARTE, KILL SEVERAL BOKO HARAM JIHADISTS
Nigerian troops have reclaimed Marte town from Boko Haram jihadists who hoisted flags in some parts of the town earlier in the month.
Eons Intelligence gathered that the gallant troops charged through Marte, killing several Boko Haram jihadists and safely neutralising a series of IEDs hidden along the routes.
Recall that on Sunday, the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru ordered troops at the headquarters of Super Camp 9 Operation Lafiya Dole in Dikwa to reclaim the Marte town from insurgents within 48 hours.
Speaking on the military's regain of Marte, the Governor of Borno State Babagana Umaru Zulum, said he is pleased and optimistic that the insurgents would never be able to take over the town again.
READ ALSO: INSURGENCY: ATTAHIRU GIVES TROOPS 48-HOUR ULTIMATUM TO RID MARTE OF BOKO HARAM FIGHTERS
"I am optimistic that the Insurgents will not take over Marte again," the Governor said.
Meanwhile, Boko Haram fighters killed 10 residents and injured 47 people in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.
READ ALSO: 10 KILLED, 60 INJURED IN BOKO HARAM ATTACK ON MAIDUGURI
The Jihadists fired rocket-propelled grenades from the outskirts of Maiduguri which hit densely populated areas in Gwange and Adam Kolo communities.
ADVISORY: As the military maintain their onslaught on Boko Haram fighters, it is important to watch out for desperate reprisal attacks, especially on soft targets.
It is essential that residents provide timely useful Intel once the insurgents are spotted regrouping.