BREAKING: ABDUCTED ZAMFARA SCHOOLGIRLS RELEASED (VIDEO)
The abducted female students from Government Secondary School, Jangebe, in Zamfara State have been released.
Recall that Eons Intelligence reported that the schoolgirls were kidnapped by bandits in the early hours of Friday.
Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, confirming the development on Tuesday, said the girls were released with the help of repentant bandits without any ransom paid.
The Governor revealed the number of schoolgirls recovered isi 279, although the police had earlier said 317 girls were kidnapped.
The Governor said his Government will continue to negotiate with bandits and convince them to accept a peace deal. “We want to bring everybody on board,” he said.
The released schoolgirls arrived at the Zamfara State Government House in Gusau early on Tuesday wearing face masks and light blue and brown chadors.